Monday, October 16, 2006

Hey there folks, it’s good to hear that somebody is actually reading my stuff. Bear in mind that this is my blog, meaning I say what I feel and think at the time. Take it whatever way you want, but most importantly, if you don’t like what’s written here, don’t read it it’s that easy. Anyway, a lot of things have happened since my last entry and I’m pleased to say that my current wife and I have been talking, although with some difficulty. Because of the sensitive nature of all of this I have decided to not talk about what happens between us for the moment.

I do want to say a couple of things in general here though; if I can give you any advice then don’t get involved with the boy/girlfriend of your ex, or if you must, be gentle! Remember he/she will be in love with her/him, will want to be there for her/him, and will be fed all sorts of things about your worse character trades. And you can be sure that they will outweigh your good ones; otherwise she/he wouldn’t have left you - right?

In my own situation I like to apologize to my ex’s guy about the way I reacted in a few situations, and I have done so already in person. We have spoken about things and I think we’re cool. I don’t think it was right what he’d done, but if I’d been in his skin I’d probably reacted in a similar way. You know in another lifetime he and I could have been mates, which is the sad thing really, but maybe a start…

Another thing I’d like to suggest is that you join a group. There will be a thousand reasons why things didn’t work between you and your missus/geezer, and if there are any “unpleasant bits” about you, go and talk about it. I mean join Alcoholics Anonymous, Food Disorder Meetings, Men/Women who batter their wives/husbands, Men/women who are being battered, Men/women who found out they’re actually homosexual, Cheaters’ Anonymous, anything, there’ll be a group somewhere that’s for you. Talking helps! Not talking means bottling it up and swallowing the pressure, and we all know what happens to over-pressurised containers? They burst. Not a good idea! The other thing is that most of our behaviour will find a root in our childhood, and without sounding too much like Piaget, or Freud, a bad childhood is no excuse for bad behaviour in adulthood. So if you find that one or some of your more embarrassing trades has/have contributed to your marriage/partnership failing then speak to somebody. See your GP and ask him about men/women wellbeing organisations, or search the internet. I’ll add some links here soon.

Anyway, that’s it for now. If you know me and want a personal update get in touch and I’ll tell you (or not). Until the next time - take care my Possums!...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home